Applying for a Z-type visa ( work visa)

Applying for a Z-type visa?

      1. What is a Z-type visa?

        The purpose of a Z-type visa is visiting China for employment or commercial performances.

      2. What is the difference between a Z-type visa and a work permit?

        A work permit is provided for you by your new employers in China, while the Z-type visa is something you have to apply for yourself at a Chinese embassy or consulate. China Plus will apply for your work permit together with your employer in China, and the school will pay for it. The work permit is a document you need to be allowed to work in China legally. After receiving the work permit, you’ll be able to apply for your visa in your own country. We will instruct you on how to apply for the work visa at the visa centre. The visa will be for your own cost.

      3. Who will pay for the visa fee? 

        You will need to pay for the visa fee yourself at the Chinese visa centre.

      4. What is the process from my application up until receiving the visa?

        Fill in the application form –> Interview with China Plus –> Send in the necessary documents for matching –> Wait for a match –> Prepare the documents needed to apply for the work permit –> Receive the work permit –> Apply for a Chinese visa at your local Chinese visa centre -> Start to work in China.

      5. How far in advance should I submit my visa application?

        You should apply well in advance before the planned travel date. You are advised to apply one month in advance, but no earlier than three months.

      6. Is an appointment at the visa application centre or Chinese embassy required to submit the application?

        To ensure that the process will go smoothly, we strongly encourage you to make an appointment well in advance for submitting a visa application. Before you visit the local Chinese embassy, our staff will always send you some important information in order to help you to apply for a Chinese work visa.

      7. Is it permitted for someone else to submit my application to the visa centre on my behalf?

        Generally speaking, you should submit your application in person and collect your passport with an issued visa. If circumstances prevent you from doing so (e.g. Illness), you may entrust someone else to do it for you (no need to provide a power of attorney) providing that you have prepared all the documents required and that you have signed the application form.

      8. When should I collect my passport?

        The date for collecting your passport is shown on the pick-up form issued to you on the day of application. The visa centre will inform you of any changes or delays in processing or delivering your passport. In this case the centre will let you know of the new return or pick up date for your passport. If your passport is ready for pick up, you can do so and pay the fee required at the visa centre. Please note that the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General will return all the passports overdue for collection to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General after the expiry of a visa; or 365 days after the refusal or issuing of the visa application.

      9. What if I lost my pick-up form?

        If you have lost your pick-up form, you must come in person to collect your passport. Kindly present your photo identity card to the centre’s staff for verification. Only after the visa centre confirms your identity card can the passport be released. If for any reason you are not able to collect the documents yourself, you can send a trusted representative to do the pick up for you. This representative should however be accompanied by a notarised power of attorney letter, stating that this specific person will pick up your documents on your behalf. Please note that this power of attorney should also be accompanied with the person collecting the documents’ identity card as well as your own identity card.

      10. What shall I do if I find that the visa issued on my passport is wrong?

        If you find any mistakes or errors on your visa after you have left the visa centre, please contact them immediately and follow the instructions given to you.

      11. For how long should my passport still be valid if I’m applying for a Z-type visa for China?

        Your passport should be valid for at least six months. However, based on our experience we would advice for your passport to be valid for at least a year (otherwise you will have to renew your passport in China, which can be a tricky process).

      12. How long does it take to process a visa if I submit my application at the visa centre in person?
        A visa typically takes four working days to process, that is if all the accompanying documents meet the requirements.

      13. Can I extend the duration of stay of my visa in China?

        You may apply for an extension of the “duration of stay” of your visa at a local public security authority before it expires, but without an assumption that the application will be automatically approved. Overstaying violates the laws of China and you will be punished.

      14. Could you tell me what kind of items/belongings I can bring into China as a passenger?

        We kindly advice you to visit the website of the China Customs for details.

China Plus uses cookies for both functional and marketing purposes by China Plus and third parties. Continued use of this website is an implicit agreement to the usage of these cookies. For more information, see our privacy policy