Safety and Support

Safety and Support

  1. Who can I turn to when I encounter problems in China or have questions?

    Your host family and the Chinese partner agency are responsible for you during your stay in China. Whenever you have problems or questions you can first contact them, they can help you straight away. Of course you can also get in touch with China Plus if you need help.

  2. What should I do in case of an emergency, such as a car accident or robbery?

    Get straight away in touch with the Chinese emergency services in case of an emergency

    Emergency phone number police: 110

    Emergency phone number fire fighting department : 119

    Emergency phone number ambulance: 120

    We also advise you to note these numbers down and always take them with you, in your bag of wallet for example. You can also add them to the contacts in your phone.

  3. What should I do when I lose my passport when traveling in China?

    If you lose your passport when traveling in China, your traveling possibilities will be limited because you need your passport to buy train tickets or flight tickets. Please be careful with your passport. If you still happen to lose your passport, please inform our Chinese partner as soon as possible. They will try to help you out.

  4. What should I do when I get sick in China?

    Always inform your host parents when you don’t feel well in China. They will try their best to help you and will also accompany you to visit a doctor if necessary. Our Chinese partner agency can of course also help you out.

  5. Should I bring medication from my home country?

    It is sensible to take simple medication to treat fever, headache and possible allergies from your home country.

  6. What kind of insurance will I receive?

    Our partner agency will provide you with a general health and accident insurance. We advise you to add an international travel insurance to make sure you will be covered for both medical care and travel issues, such as lost luggage.

  7. Do I need a legal expenses insurance or liability insurance when I am participating in the Culture Plus program?

    It is not compulsory to have a legal expenses insurance or liability insurance when you are participating in the Culture Plus program. However, if you feel safer to have insurances, feel free to consider them. If you are planning to have these insurances, make sure they cover internationally.

China Plus uses cookies for both functional and marketing purposes by China Plus and third parties. Continued use of this website is an implicit agreement to the usage of these cookies. For more information, see our privacy policy