Chinese Host Family
- What kind of host families are available?
Most of our host families live in big cities such as Beijing, Shenzhen and Chengdu. The families are wealthy and highly educated. They are open-minded, friendly and open to cultural exchange. They will welcome you to your family and will teach you a lot about China.
- In which cities can I be placed?
We have several big cities available in China for the Culture Plus program, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Tianjin, Chongqing, Guiyang, Qingdao, Guangzhou en Shenzhen.
- How many hours will I spend with the children of the host family.
Participants of the Culture Plus program will be occupied about thirty hours a week. The most important tasks are tutoring the children in English, encouraging them in independent and social behaviour, and joining family activities.
- How old are the children in the host family? Do they speak English already?
The ages of the children differ between two to fourteen years old. Most children do have some basic knowledge of the English language. Some families have experience with English speaking guests. The children of these families speak some English.
- What should I do when I encounter problems in my host family?
Whenever you encounter problems in your host family, please get in touch with our Chinese partner agency. You can reach your contact person 24/7 and he or she can help you directly. Of course you can also reach China Plus whenever you need advice or help.
- Can I change from one host family to another if I don’t like staying with my host family?
Yes, you can change host families. Please indicate this on time, it takes around three weeks to place you with another host family.
- Can I leave the host family and China in case of an emergency in my home country?
Yes, you can. In case of an emergency you can travel back to your home country. Please always discuss this with your host family, our Chinese partner, and China Plus.