- Do I need to speak Chinese for participating in the program?
No, it is not necessary. Knowing some basic Chinese will help you in daily life, but it isn’t a requirement for the internship program.
- When is the best time for me to apply for this program?
We have a large number of Chinese hotels, kindergartens as well as host families available at any time of the year. There is no specific time when you can or should join the internship program. As for the convenience of administration at our company, we hope you can start between February and March or every August and September.
- When is the contract signed? Before or upon arrival?
You will usually sign the contract before your arrival in China. Occasionally, the contract will be signed at the hotel or school in China.
- Is it possible for my friend and I to participate in the program in the same city?
Yes, it is possible. Many of our partner hotels, kindergartens and host families are from the seven larger cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou,Shenzhen, Chengdu, Chongqing and Guiyang. Thus you can both live in the same city and you can also work together.
- My passport will expire in six months; can I apply for this program?
There is a requirement for getting a Chinese visa, which is that the passport will be valid for at least one year. In this case, we kindly ask you to apply a new passport first.