Working and traveling in China

Working and traveling in China

  1. Is there someone will pick me up at airport? What should I do on the first day when I arrive in China?

    Yes of course, before you leave for China, we will introduce you to the person responsible for you. This person will be responsible for your pickup.

    The introduction process will take place when you arrive in China; the process of these couple of days is as follows:

    You will be sent to a hotel or training centre to rest and rejuvenate after your travels.

  2. What kind of accommodation I will have?

    For the hotel interns, our candidates will live in the Five -star hotel room; At the Chinese family, participants will have a private room, including internet, a TV, a heating system and more, depending on the family; for Kindergarten interns, we have private apartment for you to live in, which will have internet, heating system, private bathroom available.

  3. Do i need to pay for my own meals when eat outside with the family? (This question is only for Child care intern at families)

    No, you don’t need to pay for your meals whilst living with the family. The host family will take care of meals when you’re eating with them. Most of our host families treat participants as a real family member.

  4. What about the living expenses in China? Is a 300 euros enough allowance to support my life in China? How does the first month work, with regards to expenses in China?

    You will have a relaxing life in China with 300 euros, as you don’t need to pay for your accommodation and meals every month. Restaurants and clothes in China are not expensive at all.

    We kindly advise you to bring 300 euros extra with you to support yourself in the first month in China. We also would like to advise you to bring extra clothes and shoes if you are over 1,80 meters. If you are, it might be very hard to find clothes and shoes in China that will fit you.

  5. When will I receive my working allowance?

    It is common to receive your working allowance at the end of each month.

  6. Should I bring a laptop?

    You will be able to use computers provided by the hotel/ kindergarten/ family, but we suggest you bring your own laptop, which will make your life and communication easier in China.

  7. Will there be Wi-Fi?

    Yes, almost all host our available vacancies in China have a Wi-Fi connection.

  8. Can I use Facebook, YouTube or Twitter in China?

    Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Gmail are blocked in China. But some of our candidates in China made the use of these websites possible by downloading VPN software. There are many VPN services available for you to use both on your own computer and on your telephone; both paid and free subscriptions. For a good VPN connection, we recommend using a paid service for good Internet speed.

  9. Am I allowed to invite my friends or family to visit me?

    Yes, of course, but they are not allowance to live together with you.

  10. How can I use my bank card in China?

    You will get a Chinese bank account in China with the help of our colleagues or your host family in China. Please be aware that most financial transactions in China are done in cash, however if you wish to withdraw money from your bank account, it might not be possible to use your own western bankcard.

  11. Who will pay for the travel expenses from my country to China?

    Yes, you need to pay for your ticket by yourself, but you will get at least 300 euros flight allowance after internship in China

China Plus uses cookies for both functional and marketing purposes by China Plus and third parties. Continued use of this website is an implicit agreement to the usage of these cookies. For more information, see our privacy policy