To inform you about and prepare you for your stay in China, we organise a yearly information afternoon in January and a pre-departure meeting in July. During the information afternoon, we share general information and during the pre-departure meeting we give participants tips and advice about living and studying in China. Of course, we encourage all our participants to prepare themselves as well as they can before their departure to China. You can read our own blogposts, read books about China, watch documentaries about Chinese life and even start learning Chinese using a free language app.
After your arrival in China, you will be supported by the partner agency we work together with. They will teach you, inside or outside of the family, about:
- your role and responsibilities within the host family
- Chinese culture and table manners
- building a positive relationship with the host parents
- games and activities to stimulate the development of the children
- guarantee safety of the children