1. Is previous teaching experience necessary to teach English in China?

    The requirements for teaching states that you are from an English speaking country, have a Bachelor’s degree and have the willingness to share the English language with local Chinese students. Having some teaching experience will count in your favor, when going through the application process. Our Chinese partner agency or school will give you a training period for teaching Chinese students before you start to work in China.

  2. What kind of schools are there? How many students in one class and how does the working schedule work?

    We have both public schools and private schools. Most of our schools are public schools including elementary, middle and high schools, with the age of students ranging from 4 to 17. There are 40 to 55 students in one class.

    Your duties as an English teacher are to help improve the spoken and written English of all the students. You are going to teach from Monday to Friday for 18-24 hours a week, with no office hours and with the weekend off to rest. If you teach at a private school, the size of the classes will be much smaller. You will have two days off during the week but not on the weekend.

  3. Which city can English teachers go to?

    The city the English teacher will go to depends on the matching procedure and the wishes of the applicant. Teachers are usually placed in the central, southern, and eastern parts of the country. These schools are typically in areas that are both urban and small cities. This will give you the chance to experience the real feeling of China. If you would like to be placed in a bigger city such as Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen, do let us know as we have connections within these cities as well.

  4. How about the teaching material, do I need to prepare them? What should I prepare for teaching Chinese students?

    Our partner school will prepare the teaching material for you. After your arrival, you will be sent to the hotel or the apartment prepared for you. After your resting period, our Chinese staff will pick you up from the hotel and take you to the office. You will have training at the office and get your teaching material at the same time.

    Before you leave for China, you’d better prepare one demo lesson. After you arrive at our partner office ( school), they will ask you to give a demo lesson to show them your teaching skills. They will give you some advice after your demo lesson.

  5. When should I move to the school, who will pay for the travel expenses?

    After you finished the training, our partner company will help you move to the school. The company or the school will pay for your travel expenses from our partner company to the school.

  6. Is there anyone will assist me during my first class?

    Yes, of course. The local teacher will help you with teaching in the first week. If you have any questions you can always ask the designated person who is responsible for you.

  7. Are over hours mandatory?

    Before you start to work, you will get a work schedule. If the time isn’t your working time, you can easily refuse or ask extra payment from the school. If desired, the English teacher can always contact us.

  8. What can I do if I get sick during the week? Can I take a day of sick leave?

    If you get sick and can’t give lessons to students, please contact your personal adviser at the first available moment to inform them about your situation. How many days are reserved for sick leave is clearly written in your contract.

  9. Can I change to a new school if I don’t like my current school?

    Yes, it is possible for us to relocate teachers who can’t complete his or her job at the current school. But our company needs at least 4 weeks to arrange it for you. We kindly suggest that you inform us at least 6 weeks in advance if you want to go teach at another school.

  10. Can I stop my working contract earlier in case an emergency situation happened in my home country?

    Yes, the company and the school will terminate the contract if the emergency situation is deemed serious enough.