Visa Application

Visa Application

  1. What kind of visa do I need to join the Culture Plus program?

    You will need a student visa (X). This visa is given to persons who are planning on studying in China. If you decide to prolong your stay in China, you can apply for a renewal of the visa.

  2. Why do I need to apply for a student visa?

    You apply for a student visa in order to obtain the right to take Chinese classes at a college, university or language centre in China. The Chinese government provides this type of visa quite easily.

  3. Who will give me information about my visa? Who applies for my visa?

    China Plus and our Chinese partner agency will support you collecting all necessary documents that are required for a visa application. You apply for your visa yourself. You will also pay for the application fee of your first visa, the one you receive in your home country. Any fees required to renew or change your visa in China necessary to continue the program will be paid for by our partner agencies. If you want to change your visa because you want to go traveling after your program or because you decide to quit, you have to pay for the visa fees yourself.

  4. When should I submit my visa application?

    You have to submit your application preferably one to three months before your planned departure, but not earlier. You can visit the official website of the Chinese Visa Centre for more information about current processing times. Please take into consideration that the processing time may take longer because of unforeseen circumstances.

  5. Do I have to make an appointment to apply for my visa?

    We do advise you to make an appointment at the visa centre, so they will help you as quickly as possible.

  6. When can I recollect my visa?

    You will receive a pick-up form with a printed date which informs you on when to pick up your passport with your visa. If you prepared all required documents correctly, this usually takes four working days. The visa centre will inform you in case there are changes or delays in processing your visa application. In this case, they will provide you with a new pick up date. When your passport is ready, you can visit the visa centre again to collect your passport and pay for your visa.

  7. What happens if I lose my pick up form?

    If you lose your pick up form, you have to collect your passport in person. You will be kindly requested to show your ID with your picture to the staff members at the visa centre. After the visa centre has checked your ID, you can collect your passport.

  8. What should I do if there is a mistake on the visa in my passport?

    If you find out there is a mistake on your visa after you have left the visa centre, please get immediately in touch with the centre and follow the instruction of a staff member.

  9. How long should my passport be valid for when I apply for a visa?

    Your passport should be valid for at least six months.

  10. Can I renew my visa in China?

    You can request a renewal of your visa in China at the local public security bureau. You have to do this before your visa expires. There is no guarantee that your application will be approved. If you stay longer in China than is allowed based on your visa you are breaking the law and will be at risk of receiving punishment, usually a fine.

China Plus uses cookies for both functional and marketing purposes by China Plus and third parties. Continued use of this website is an implicit agreement to the usage of these cookies. For more information, see our privacy policy