About The Program
The English Language Teaching program was developed by the Chinese government to offer English teaching opportunities in China to western people, while simultaneously allowing them to discover the beauty and vastness of the country.
As the English language becomes increasingly useful and important in China, many Chinese schools are focusing on improving their students' spoken and written English. However, as local English teachers often lack the ability to speak fluent English themselves, the Chinese Government has been recruiting foreign English teachers to help Chinese schools attain these goals. We are one of the organizations involved in helping the Chinese Government to recruit foreign English teachers. We consider it our responsibility to help the recruiting schools to find suitable teachers and to prepare these teachers as well as possible for their journey to China. We assist them in collecting the necessary documents for the work permit and work visa application, and we provide constant stand-by support and practical information about working and living in China.
For the English Language Teaching program, we have both public as well as private Chinese schools available. Public schools vary from kindergarten, elementary school, secondary school, high school, and sometimes even college level.
The student’s ages at public schools depend on the level of the educational institution. The ages of the students range between 3 and 6 for kindergartens, 6 and 12 for elementary schools, 12 and 15 for secondary schools, 15 and 18 for high schools and 18 and 22 for colleges. Private schools have age groups ranging from 3 to 12 years old.
The Chinese schools will provide you with a schedule of around 16 to 20 teaching hours per week; some schools will also include weekly office hours. Furthermore, you will receive a fully furnished private apartment and free meals during workdays (in public schools), or a monthly stipend to cover the rent of a simple apartment. Every month you will receive a salary between 12000 RMB to 17000 RMB (roughly between €1400 and €2000, net) depending on your qualifications and experience.
If you work at Chinese public schools, you will always have free days during weekends, and you will be able to enjoy public holidays and one or two months schools’ break. This will give you plenty of free time to travel around China and other Asian countries. At private schools, you maybe will work during the afternoon, evenings, and weekends. However, you will receive two consecutive days off during the week and you will receive two weeks, up to a month of holidays.
- A nationality of Northwestern Europe countries
- Bachelor of Education or above
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Must not have been convicted of a crime and have no record of contagious or serious diseases
- Be able to work in China for a period of 9 months
- €1400 – €2000, month net income (depending on qualifications and work experiences)
- €600 – €1000 flight allowance (depending on the school)
- Paid accommodation or paid monthly housing allowance
- Paid Chinese health insurance
- Regular team building activities
- Options to explore opportunities for a future career
- Holiday allowance will be provided during school break
- Paid Chinese public holidays