Chinese Kindergartens are looking for enthusiastic teachers to foster and facilitate children’s cognitive flexibility through a cultural and linguistically diverse learning routine.
Kindergartens will provide you with a schedule of 16 teaching hours, plus weekly office hours. In total, you will not work more than 40 hours per week. Throughout the working period, you will always have a Chinese co-worker standing by to provide help.
You will receive a fully furnished private apartment and free lunch during workdays or a monthly stipend to cover the rent of a simple apartment. Every month you will receive a salary between 12000 RMB to 17000 RMB (roughly between €1400 and €2000, net) depending on your qualifications and experiences.
Moreover, you will always have weekends off, and you will be able to enjoy public holidays and one to two months of school break every half year. This will give you plenty of time to travel around China and other Asian countries.
The age groups of the kindergarten classes are as following:
- Nursery: 3 to 4-year-old children
- Lower Kindergarten: 4 to 5-year-old children
- Upper Kindergarten: 5 to 6-year-old children.
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan.
- Teach alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social and emotional skills.
- Organise learning material and resources.
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities etc) to motivate and stimulate the children’s abilities.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information
- Assess student’s performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure they are mastering the skills.
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture co-operation and sharing.
- Co-operate with administration staff.
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations.
- A diploma of pedagogic childcare work, teaching assistance or relevant licence/certificate
- Speak fluent English
- Excellent knowledge of child development.
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities.
- Teaching and organisational skills.
- Patient and flexibile
- Strong communication skills.
- Must not have been convicted of a crime and have no record of contagious or serious diseases.
- €1400 – €2000 month net income (depending on qualifications and work experiences)
- €700 – €1200 flight allowance (depending on the school)
- Paid single apartment or a monthly housing allowance.
- 11 paid days of Chinese public holidays plus one to two months of school break.
- Chinese health insurance.
- Regular team building activities.
- Options to explore opportunities for a future career in China.